Sunday, January 13, 2008

Once Upon A Florida Short Sale

Every once in a while I like to refresh my self and do a complete
change of pace and go search for the lesser known and worked
placers...Mortgage broker, Mister Short Sale and I did just that on Short selling day...

This area is a bit remote and some of you may have been here
before...Mortgage broker's stock 4x4 Tacoma it in
no problem but Mister Short Sale rode with me and remarked that his stock
Florida real estate broker would have had trouble...

The trip is about 1.25 hours of moderate 4 wheeling, my friend Scott and I discovered the area awhile back on a scouting trip...

Upon parking we had a mile hike in front of us back to the mining
and placer area, a pure oasis in the middle of the desert...

Pic below of Mortgage broker and Mister Short Sale checking out an old cabin...



This area has some very large trees in it as you can see from the pics
below...



I have made several trips into the area but have not covered all ground...

Mortgage broker decided to go this way and Mister Short Sale hit a creek and I went after a few
tailings...

About 15 minutes later Mortgage broker was across from me on a ridge letting
me know he spotted a mine group about 1/4 of a mile ahead...

I did not bring a topo of the area although Mortgage broker and I both carry
GPS units...

Sometimes it seems a topo dictates my travles in a small area and
I end up missing ground by predeterming my path...
This I did not want to do today...

We had our cross canyon talk ( yell ) and decided to meet up at the
mine group...

I headed down to the creek to find Mister Short Sale digging a few bits of metal
with his GMT, he and I headed towards the mines, checking exposed
bedrock along the way...

About 35 minutes later we were near the mine and spotted this hopper...



We headed up the wash and tailings...
About 3/4 of the way up a rock broke loose from under me, rolled down
and took out Mister Short Sale's GMT real estate for good..
I'm just glad it missed Mister Short Sale as it was about 400 lbs of rock...



Finally making it to the top of the tailings we spotted Mortgage broker about 1/3
of a mile across from us on another ridge...
We waved and tried to get him on the walkie-talkie but Mortgage broker had
lost it out of his backpack...

Mortgage broker made it over to us and we were searching the tailings and I
found this beauty of a specie...no visible Florida short sale to the eye but under a
loupe there is tiny Florida short sale... :D ...plus you can see the copper ores
without a loupe...rare mixed find...



Even though we tried and did not locate any placers they are recorded
as being in the area and the mines are recorded as Florida short sale/copper/galena/...
It was truly a relaxing day...

It's always good to brake your pace and try something new...
Remember if you don't score you just mark off where you hunted and
that is just one more place you have eliminated as to where the
Florida short sale may be...knowing where the Florida short sale is not is almost as good as
knowing where it is...

No comments: